- RC Big Rock is a new late season variety of upland switchgrass developed from Cave-in-Rock.
- Very tall height and high yield potential – likely to reach 7-8′ on productive sites. It is the tallest upland switchgrass released to date.
- Genetically improved for ease of establishment, upright growth habit and increased height, making it an ideal choice for high quality habitat for deer.
- It is an excellent screening choice for habitat use due to its tall height and very good lodging resistance
- Late-season maturity approximately 9 days later maturity than Cave-in-Rock.
- Easy to establish large seeded variety selected for reduced seed dormancy, increased seed weight and increased seedling vigor.
- Excellent winter hardiness (Zone 4A) for a late season variety
- Like Cave-in-Rock it grows well on diverse soil types and has a wide regional adaptation to states in the Mid-west, Northeast and the Central Great Plains areas
- Due its later maturity and heat tolerance it has a somewhat more southerly adaptation than Cave-in-Rock.
- A multi-purpose grass variety suited for forage, biomass, soil conservation and wildlife habitat applications.
Recommended seed rate is 10 lbs per acre